Legal Question in Administrative Law in California

If a City moves the main sewer line to the street because the original is very old, broken clay pipe running thru existing residences yards, are they not responsible to also address hooking the existing residences to the new line?

Asked on 2/27/13, 3:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bryan Whipple Bryan R. R. Whipple, Attorney at Law

Not necessarily; I'm no expert on this, but I think there's probably some provision in the Government Code, or maybe the Revenue & Taxation Code, that allows a special assessment against benefitted properties for improvements of this kind. Contact your city attorney's office and ask what code section they're relying upon.

Read more
Answered on 2/28/13, 10:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Administrative Law questions and answers in California