Legal Question in Administrative Law in California

Does anyone know how to (know the correct procedures for California)file a Judicial Review of a a county clerk-recorder's refusal to file a document, in any court of competant juristiction? I can't seem to find anything in the code of civil procedures? Can someone point me in the right direction to get info on how to go about this in California? I need to get an order of the court as provided by California Government Code � 27204.

Thanks in advance! :)

Asked on 11/04/12, 8:33 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Zadik Shapiro Law Offices of C. Zadik Shapiro

Your best bet is to hire a lawyer. Your second best bet is to ask this question under civil litigation.

Read more
Answered on 11/04/12, 2:05 pm
James Goff James R. Goff, Attorney at Law

In order to obtain the compliance by the clerk of the court or any state agency you need to obtain a writ of mandate directed to the clerk. There is an old case Musick v. St. John, from Orange County that mandated the clerk to file a necessary document. Unfortunately, I cannot recall the citation my best recollection is that it was around 241 Cal.App.2d. You probably would be well served to seek the assistance of an attorney. A law book on Civil Writs by CEB could explain the difficulties involved. It is a civil matter so there are fees for filing a petition for a writ of mandate. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 11/04/12, 3:45 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Administrative Law questions and answers in California