Legal Question in Appeals and Writs in California

When appealing a criminal conviction can the AEDPA be applied to an issue of structural error

Asked on 10/23/13, 2:39 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Edward Hoffman Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman

Your question is unclear. You may want to re-post it. You may also contact me directly if you want to discuss your case.

Structural error is a defect in the way a trial is conducted. A biased judge is one example. AEDPA is a federal law about procedures for appeals and habeas corpus cases. They are distinct from one another, so I'm not sure what you're asking.

Read more
Answered on 10/23/13, 11:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Appeals and Writs questions and answers in California