Legal Question in Appeals and Writs in California

I am appealing an eviction in San Bernardino County, CA. I was evicted for "breach of contract," I painted the walls white without prior authorization. I have asked for the oral proceedings and have noticed that the initial trial court reporters documentation is not in the docs. Are the initial trial oral proceedings considered "normal" transcipts? or would they be requested as augmentation of record? If they are normal, would I then petition for correction of transcripts?

Asked on 6/19/13, 3:39 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

The farm boy in me wonders why you didn't repaint the place after you received a notice to correct.

To prepare a record for appeal, you designate a "reporter's transcript." In that designation, you list the dates that you want the reporter's transcript for. But that assumes there was a reporter for those days. So I have a ton of questions, such as, was there an actual reporter for the days that you seek? Did you properly designate the reporter's transcript when you filed the notice of appeal? Did you timely pay for the reporter's transcript when requested?

Read more
Answered on 6/20/13, 4:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Appeals and Writs questions and answers in California