Legal Question in Appeals and Writs in California

I lost small claim, and had sent pull payment via certified mail. However I just got an EJ-130, which I noticed that the other party had changed address.

What can I do about the levy?

Asked on 11/25/12, 7:12 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

An EJ-130 is a writ of execution. The judgment creditor delivers that document, once it is stamped by the court clerk, to the sheriff. The sheriff in turn will have their own paperwork for doing a bank levy. Don't wait for them to get the bank levy.

Find out where the payment went that you sent via certified mail. Make sure you not only paid the full amount, but also any accrued interest. Paying principal alone will not satisfy the judgment. If you have paid the full amount, including accrued interest, then you need to serve a request for satisfaction of judgment.

Some of this is complex. You may want to consult with an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 11/29/12, 1:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Appeals and Writs questions and answers in California