Legal Question in Appeals and Writs in California

Hello, my story is long. But ever since I started living with my sister in December of 2011, my relationship with her has gone downhill. She hits and yells, criticizes not me but everyone, but when she recieves the same treatment, she goes ballistic.

When she got an abortion and her bf left her, she went on to blame it on my mom and me. she has hit me and my family alike. my dad has cut off all contact with her, and she goes on to waste my mom's money and gets mad at my mom for calling her a 'thief'. she got custody of me and i was wondering what i could do b/c i DO NOT WANT TO LIVE WITH HER ANYMORE. I think she has anger management problems. please help

Asked on 7/01/13, 3:02 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Kelvin Green The Law Office of Kelvin Green

You obviously need your custody arrangement changed. You can go to Child Protective Services and report the abusive behavior. They may be able to remove you from the home.

It is unclear how your sister got custody but I would think your Mom or Dad can seek custody.

I don't know how old you are but you may be able to see emancipation through the courts as well

Read more
Answered on 7/01/13, 7:37 am

Edward Hoffman Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman

I'm sorry to hear about your ordeal. It sounds awful.

But your question is about Family Law, not Appeals. Please re-post it under that category. More lawyers with the relevant experience will see it there, and future users with similar questions will be better able to find it. Good luck.

(Btw, at first I read your question the way Mr. Green read it, and thought you meant that your sister had custody over you. But after some further review I believe you're a minor and your mother is the one who has custody over you. That would leave you with fewer options. Lawyers who practice Family Law will know more about the process and will be able to offer some guidance.)

Read more
Answered on 7/01/13, 1:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Appeals and Writs questions and answers in California