Legal Question in Appeals and Writs in California

I'm having trouble getting my pension benefits because my ex-wife (not divorced separated 28 yrs.)refuses to sign any papers for me to get them. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Asked on 2/19/13, 1:42 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

The only help of any value to you is a court order. You'll have to bring a motion in the old divorce case, or a new filing if necessary. Contact your divorce attorney, or a new one.

Read more
Answered on 2/19/13, 1:50 pm

Edward Hoffman Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman

You posted your question under Appeals and Writs, but it really belongs under Family Law or Elder Law. If you re-submit it under one of those categories it will reach more lawyers with the relevant expertise.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 2/19/13, 1:54 pm
Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

I agree with Mr. Hoffman, I suggest you repost in family law. Most of the attorneys that answer that category will tell you to speak in person to a family lawyer, who will want to review the divorce file.

Read more
Answered on 2/19/13, 2:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Appeals and Writs questions and answers in California