Legal Question in Aviation Law in California

Fly with warrant

My friend and I are from Los Angeles and we want to fly Spain but my friend has a felony warrant, what can we do?

Asked on 5/30/09, 1:19 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Michael Stone Law Offices of Michael B. Stone Toll Free 1-855-USE-MIKE

Re: Fly with warrant

Skipping the country to avoid prosecution is a federal crime, and I can't advise you on how to break the law. But if Your Friend turns himself in to face the charges, he can be released on bail, and, depending of course on the severity of the charges, he can probably get permission to travel overseas.

He needs to take a lawyer with him to court in order to make this happen.

Read more
Answered on 5/30/09, 1:38 pm
Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Re: Fly with warrant

He can go to the airport and get arrested and transported to court in chains, or go to the court voluntarily and deal with the warrant and original charges like a responsible grown up. If he is serious about doing so, and if the case is in SoCal courts, feel free to contact me for the legal help necessary.

Read more
Answered on 5/31/09, 5:28 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Aviation Law questions and answers in California