Legal Question in Bankruptcy in California

I need to file an skeletal emergency chapter 7 bankruptcy .

I'm trying to stop a lien sale of my storage locker in Sacramento, California.

The sale is scheduled for 7/18/13, If I get the initial filing done what do I serve the storage company to stop the sale?

I also have a problem with the notice of lien sale from the storage facility.

I have ask for proof that the notice was mailed but they have yet to provide it.

Is there a way to stop the sale until they provide proof of mailing and receipt ?

Asked on 7/16/13, 1:03 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scott Jordan Dunning Law Firm

After filing the petition, you will receive a Notice of Bankruptcy Filing, which you can send to creditors.

If notice is an issue, you could file a petition for protective order enjoining the facility from selling the contents.

Read more
Answered on 7/16/13, 1:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in California