Legal Question in Bankruptcy in California

Filed for bk13 and my atty failed correct information on those schedules, now my case is being dismissed, what do i need to do next. i want to appeal and my atty seems not to do anything, i have sent hime email, faxed and text him

Asked on 11/29/17, 10:42 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Jordan Jordan Law Office

It is difficult to tell you what to do without knowing what the incorrect information is, when the petition was filed and the basis for the Trustee's motion to dismiss.

One option is to let the case dismiss, hire a new attorney, and refile.

You may also want to contact the State Bar and register a complaint regarding your attorney's failure to communicate with you.

Read more
Answered on 11/29/17, 10:54 am
Mark Markus Law Office of Mark J. Markus

If your attorney is not doing an adequate job, you should hire a new attorney. How much due diligence did you do in selecting your current attorney? The following article may be instructive on how to go about hiring a bankruptcy attorney:

Read more
Answered on 11/29/17, 11:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in California