Legal Question in Bankruptcy in California

I filed a timely proof of claim in a Chapter 11 case which has now been converted to Chapter 7. Will I need to file a new proof of claim? If so, when? Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Asked on 10/02/13, 8:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Peter Lago Peter L. Lago, Atty at Law

If you have an unsecured claim and the Ch. 7 is a no-asset case, you get nothing and there's no need to file a POC. If trustee indicates that it IS an asset-case, you can file your POC with the trustee and hope for the best. Funds go first to priority creditors, then secured, then unsecured.

Read more
Answered on 10/02/13, 10:11 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in California