Legal Question in Bankruptcy in California

I have joint tenancy with two siblings on a home in CA. I filed for Ch 7 bankruptcy and wanted to surrender the home which I financed under my name and paid for property taxes. I was notified by my attorney that the bankruptcy trustee will be abandoning my home and returning it to me. In the meanwhile, the house will continue to foreclose. I know the siblings do not want to buy or sell. What is my next step once trustee abandons and knowing there is a lot of equity in the home. I want access to my share of the equity but can't do it without uncooperative siblings. I need to know what cases I need to look at and what are my options to make a sale happen. It doesn't make sense for all that equity to return to the bank.

Asked on 11/10/14, 6:52 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scott Jordan Jordan Law Office

Why won't your siblings agree to sell the property?

You need to speak to a real estate attorney to see what can be done to force a sale.

Read more
Answered on 11/10/14, 9:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in California