Legal Question in Bankruptcy in California

I am currently working for a employer which has a vendor and a client.i had been working here with client for 4 months now.

The vendor has gone bankrupt and he is not paying my employer the amount for all these four months.inturn effecting my salary.Please suggest how to go with this situation

Asked on 9/11/15, 1:07 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Jordan Jordan Law Office

Your employer needs to know whether the vendor filed for Chapter 7, 13 or 11 bankruptcy protection. Your employer's rights to collect will vary depending on the type of bankruptcy filed. Once it is determined the type of bankruptcy the vendor is in, your employer may file a claim for the amount owed with the bankruptcy court where the vendor filed.

Read more
Answered on 9/11/15, 1:30 pm
Robert F. Cohen Law Office of Robert F. Cohen

In addition to what Mr. Jordan says, if you are a regular employee, you should be entitled to your wages regardless of the vendor's payment. You might contact the State's Division of Labor Standards Enforcement to discuss your rights.

Read more
Answered on 9/11/15, 2:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in California