Legal Question in Business Law in California

I brought a diamond to a jeweler to be reset and the jeweler switched diamonds on me. What can I do about this?

Asked on 4/08/13, 6:41 pm

4 Answers from Attorneys

Kelvin Green The Law Office of Kelvin Green

How can you verify this? If you can contact jeweler, you may be able to sue...

Read more
Answered on 4/08/13, 9:08 pm

Charles Perry Law Offices of Charles R. Perry

Assuming you can indeed prove the switch, your remedy would be in court for the difference in value. You would first need to write a demand letter to the jeweler to see if he/she or his/her insurer will pay the claim.

Read more
Answered on 4/09/13, 1:34 am
Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

Sue them for conversion, assuming you have monetary loss.

Read more
Answered on 4/09/13, 12:25 pm
Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Report the alleged crime to police.

File suit for damages IF you can prove what you claim.

Read more
Answered on 4/09/13, 2:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in California