Legal Question in Business Law in California

Civil law suit question is there any way to punish plaintiff if they are subverting the truth in order to proffit?

Asked on 3/13/16, 8:01 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bryan Whipple Bryan R. R. Whipple, Attorney at Law

You have a couple possibilities. You can ask the court to sanction the plaintiff's attorney, or you can sue for malicious prosecution. Either requires timely request/filing and significant justification, and I strongly recommend having an experienced attorney advise you on whether such remedies are justified and worth pursuing in the circumstances. Many plaintiffs have losing suits and irritate their defendants, yet have done nothing sanctionable or malicious.

Read more
Answered on 3/13/16, 8:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in California