Legal Question in Business Law in California

If there is a company that misrepresented itself and took my money under a fraud contract. What steps do I need to take to expose and sue them?

Asked on 4/28/21, 5:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

If the amount is $10,000 or less, you need to take them to Small Claims Court. If it is over $10k, you will want to hire a lawyer. You could try to sue yourself, but in over 30 years of litigation practice, I have never seen a person representing themselves win a case. I hear it happens, but I've never seen it. Not good odds.

Read more
Answered on 4/29/21, 8:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in California