Legal Question in Business Law in California

Construction leans

This is just a simple case of a unpaid bill. I did work for the contractor and he is refusing to pay me. The house is slill being constructed.

Asked on 2/02/06, 12:35 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Matthew Mickelson Law Offices of Matthew C. Mickelson

Re: Construction leans

As your heading suggests, you may be able to place a lien on the property to enforce the money that is owed to you. There are complicated procedures that must be followed to the letter to make any such lien valid and enforceable. Please feel free to call me if you want to discuss the issue.

Matthew C. Mickelson, Esq.

[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 2/02/06, 1:16 pm
Christopher M. Brainard, Esq. C. M. Brainard & Associates - (310) 266-4115

Re: Construction leans

Yes, I can help you place a mechanics lien on the property. How much are you owed?

Read more
Answered on 2/02/06, 2:12 pm

Re: Construction leans

Protect yourself with a mechanic's lien prior to completion of the work. Call me directly at 16192223504.

Read more
Answered on 2/02/06, 6:45 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in California