Legal Question in Business Law in California

I have an employee who is going thru divorce. His spouse is asking for his financial records. Can I disclose his financials to his spouse?

Asked on 5/25/21, 10:40 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

To protect yourself, you should require them to serve you with a "business records subpoena," and only disclose what is requested in that form.

Read more
Answered on 5/25/21, 11:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in California