Legal Question in Business Law in California

I have been falsely accused of online business by a lone screwball for the past two years. do i have any civil or criminal recourse against this nut? he has seriously damaged my business and reputation. thank you

Asked on 2/05/10, 2:20 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Michael Stone Law Offices of Michael B. Stone Toll Free 1-855-USE-MIKE

Unfortunately, there aren't enough jail cells for all the malicious screwballs out there on the internet. Whether or not you can sue depends on whether you can find him. Also unfortunately, there are third party websites that are used by malicious screwballs, and the law protects these sites from liability.

Read more
Answered on 2/10/10, 2:32 pm

Ronnie Gipson Higa & Gipson, LLP

The facts as stated so far do not disclose whether or not you have a claim. It is possible that if the facts exist, that there may be a claim for defamation. Contact our office to discuss in more detail. You can obtain our contact information from our website at

Read more
Answered on 2/10/10, 5:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in California