Legal Question in Business Law in California

If I file a claim against my employer for giving me payroll checks with insufficent funds, can the employer lay me off?

Asked on 11/14/12, 9:43 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

The zip code you have entered is incredible, it is six digits.

If you can prove you were laid off as a result of filing a claim, you have a wrongful discharge claim and should see an attorney as soon as possible.

Read more
Answered on 11/14/12, 10:14 am

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Not without risking a claim of illegal retaliation by you. If that happens, contact me promptly. In the meantime, go to the Labor commissioner and file a claim for unpaid compensation about the bad checks.

Read more
Answered on 11/14/12, 4:28 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in California