Legal Question in Business Law in California

What form do I use?

my parents need a form to reponds: order fixing time to file briefs.

Can you tell me the name of the form they need and where I can tell them to find it?

Asked on 9/30/06, 6:55 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Re: What form do I use?

There are no such 'forms' in appellate law, which is what this sounds like. Everything is custom drafted by lawyers generally. Without knowing what to do, when to do it, how to write good legal briefs, how to do effective legal research, they are not going to have a good outcome. Once they decide they are willing to hire counsel, feel free to contact me. Their problem is, of course, that the fees are hourly, and appeals take a lot of time.

Read more
Answered on 10/02/06, 10:00 pm
Michael Stone Law Offices of Michael B. Stone Toll Free 1-855-USE-MIKE

Re: What form do I use?

An order fixing time to file briefs is normally issued by a court of appeals. One follows the order by filing and service an appellate brief no later than the time limit, or else filing and serving a motion for an extension of time. Neither of these is a standard form.

Read more
Answered on 9/30/06, 10:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in California