Legal Question in Business Law in California

My husband and I are starting the divorce process. We are in a corporation for the last 12 years. He has 40% of the company and I have 60% of the company. I will be giving him the full 60% of my part and he will be having 100% of the company after the divorce. We need to know how to do the corporate filings to get my name off of everything legally. Do you have any advice?

Asked on 9/08/22, 11:34 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

Yes. Either hire a family law attorney who is knowledgeable and familiar with sophisticated family held companies in divorce, or hire a good corporate attorney, to properly document and advise on the transfer of ownership and any tax consequences or avoidance steps.

Read more
Answered on 9/09/22, 2:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in California