Legal Question in Business Law in California

I was Intel corporation employ for 15 years (in Israel). In the years 83/84 I was in relocation in Intel Santa Clara Californian as usually I saved and buy stocks of my company. I got stocks certificates on my name and Intel gave me the certificate in my hand

I Held the stocks 29 years. Now I want sell them and I found I have problems to do that.

I ask Intel how to do it and I got Computershare answer me in the name of Intel:

"Your inquiry has been forwarded to Computershare, the transfer agent for INTEL CORPORATION. We appreciate the opportunity to be of service to you.

The certificates listed on the account registered in your name are not showing as outstanding in our system. Our records indicate that certificates were cancelled and the shares were debited from the account on May 28, 1993 and August 30, 1993. This may be due to a transfer, sale, replacement or escheatment of the subject shares.

In accordance with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regulations under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, transfer agents are only required to retain certificate detail for a period of six (6) years after it is purged from their systems."

Later on they found that 4 certificates (out of 6) send to California State and I need to reclaim them back. Other 2 certificated they still need to locate

They also said that in any case I won't get the stocks worse - I won't get dividends that Intel gave on the stock along the years (this is the major profit of the stocks) nor get interest on money. I would only get if at all the splits the stocks had.

Not Intel or Computershare did try contacting me to arranger the stocks in their records properly or telling me there is any problem.

Even I was Intel employ for 15 years

Got the stocks in end of 83 left Intel at 93

They almost 10 years while I was employ to contact me and fix the problem

My question do I have legal case to get the full stocks worse or get more then what they claim?

Thank you


Asked on 7/16/13, 11:57 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Perry Law Offices of Charles R. Perry

It is not possible to tell you whether you have a case in a public forum like this. You need to gather all your records and meet with an attorney to discuss your situation.

Best of luck to you.

Read more
Answered on 7/17/13, 1:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in California