Legal Question in Business Law in California

my lawyer is charging me for something and used it for something else without my consent and is saying I still owe him Money do I still have to pay him? What would happen if I stop my Payments? No written contract only verbal and amount is over 1000.

Asked on 8/22/13, 8:22 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Joel Selik

More facts would be required to analyze this situation.

Read more
Answered on 8/22/13, 8:42 am

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

Attorney fee agreements in which it is foreseeable that the costs and fees to the client will exceed $1,000.00 are required to be in writing. There are several exceptions to this rule, and it is not clear from your post whether you meet those exceptions. (Bus. & Prof. Code, sect. 6148.)

Read more
Answered on 8/22/13, 4:56 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in California