Legal Question in Business Law in California

I have an open civil case against my sister. She had my dad sign over his house to her as a gift. He was 86 at the time. He did not realize he was doing it at the time. SO my case is about financial elder abuse. He did say I was to have the house. He died 2 years later and she sold the house.

My question is …. when selling the house the roof was replaced by a roofer who did not have a contractors license, nor did the roofer get permits.

Can I include Coldwell Banker Real Estate Co. in the suit for malpractice?

Asked on 6/05/19, 5:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Keith E. Cooper Keith E. Cooper, Esq.

You don't state a timeline for these events and it may be important. Waiting too long to make a claim can prevent you from bringing a lawsuit. You might have a claim against your sister and it might include elder financial abuse. Rather than posting on a legal Q&A board like this, you should consult with an attorney who specializes in this type of litigation who can assess your unique situation and assess whether you have a viable case. (I do not handle litigation, so could not help you.)

It is unlikely you could include a realtor or purchaser, however, because they acted reasonably if the title to the property was in your sister's name.

Read more
Answered on 6/08/19, 11:53 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in California