Legal Question in Business Law in California

Question about operating a recycled materials processing business.

Our business for the past 3 years was based on exporting recycled materials such as:

Water Bottles, Agricultural Bags/Films, Baskets/Crates, basically any type of plastic scrap.

Now we'd like to expand and do processing in the US (california).

We don't actually recycle like, for example, bottle collecting center or waste management.

We buy scraps from such businesses and reprocess them by:

Washing, granulating, palletising.

My question is, what licenses do i need in order to run my business? We will import machineries to do such operations. Any regulations, or laws that i should be aware of?

Asked on 5/30/13, 9:13 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Any regulations???

How about city and county business licenses, building and use permits, state and federal regulatory agencies like AQMD, EPA, FDA, Coastal Commission, Customs, Commerce Dept, etc/ The list goes on. If you think you can start and run a regulated business by getting a few free hints and tips from strangers, you are careening into financial disaster. If serious about putting together a proper business, legal, financial and tax team, feel free to contact me.

Read more
Answered on 5/31/13, 1:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in California