Legal Question in Business Law in California

I received a entry of default from the court clerk in a civil case re breech of contract.

What do I do now?

Can I collect or do I need to get a default judgement from the judge?

Asked on 6/26/15, 9:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Carl Starrett Law Offices of Carl H. Starrett II

A default just means that the defendant can no longer file any documents to file your lawsuit. You still need to submit a document package to obtain a request for entry of default judgment.. There is the request for entry of default judgment form, the proposed judgment and supporting declarations to show the court that you are actually entitled to a judgment.

This process can be difficult, so you really should hire an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 6/27/15, 7:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in California