Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in California

My case is concerning an asset forfeiture. There is fraud, theft, and negligence in my case. I have recovered the total reported property of $310,331 on May 11, 2017 by judgment. The seizure occured on March 18, 2014 and I was aquitted of the underline criminal offense that led to the seizure. I made a complaint to the sheriff department right away in 2014 but their result came back unfounded. I have just come across audio of one Deputy mentioning $360,000 twice to the person that was with me when the asset forfeiture occured. This audio is from my criminal case discovery that I just received on 04/20/17 of an interrogation that took place on the date of the seizure. I am contemplating sueing the county and the Sheriff Department or Appeal the decision of the Judge on the civil case. Please let me know what I can do. I have given them all the documents needed to prove the money was made through legal means. Thank you

Asked on 5/26/17, 11:35 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Armen Tashjian Law Offices of Armen M. Tashjian

You should have the case materials reviewed by a lawyer in order to decide the best course of action.

Read more
Answered on 5/27/17, 12:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in California