Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in California

How to get drug user nefew away from my mother? She is 75 years old.

Asked on 1/08/17, 8:07 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert F. Cohen Law Office of Robert F. Cohen

If the nephew is violent or emotionally harassing your mother, she can obtain a civil harassment restraining order to keep him a distance away. (If he lived with your mother at some point, she can try for a domestic violence restraining order.) If he violates that restraining order, he can be arrested. Many courts have legal clinics on the premises to assist people with these kinds of issues. Check with your local courthouse.

Read more
Answered on 1/14/17, 12:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in California