Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in California

what can i do about illegal entry into my home that has resulted in the death of a newborn

Asked on 11/28/16, 11:05 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Phillip D. Wheeler, Esq. Phillip D. Wheeler, Attorney At Law

The police should already be involved in this matter.

The police will choose to proceed with criminal prosecution along with the District Attorney.

After the criminal proceedings, you can sue in a civil suit for burglary and or trespass, wrongful death, intentional infliction of emotional distress, and many other torts depending on the facts. I would have to know all the facts, as will your attorney, to make these arrangements.

Please tell me the police have already been contacted. This is a MAJOR CRIMINAL ACT and not something to be taken lightly. If police have not been contacted you could be questioned as to why and possibly charged with obstruction of justice and accessory after the fact.

Hope the police have been contacted.

Read more
Answered on 11/28/16, 11:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in California