Legal Question in Technology Law in California


I want to use audio from an old television show and remake it for a non profit viral video. How can I use the audio with the broadcasters permission?

Asked on 1/22/09, 2:06 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Gordon Firemark Law Offices of Gordon P. Firemark

Re: copyright

Contact the producers of the old show, and ask for permission. You may also need permission of the actors, writers, and composers from the old show.

Contact a lawyer for a more indepth analysis.

Read more
Answered on 1/22/09, 12:30 pm
Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Re: copyright

By getting the permission, typically with a written agreement for payment of royalties.

Read more
Answered on 1/22/09, 1:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Computer & Technology Law questions and answers in California