Legal Question in Constitutional Law in California

my bother in law is in capated..he suffered a stroke and cannot make any decisions for himself, he is on a resperator and has been sepearted from his wife for many years, but still legally married. can she or their grown kids make the legal medical decisions for him, or can his mother., they want to take over but she said since they arent living together.. she has the right, the kids say they want to make them.. who has the right? his quality of life depends on this...urgent!!!

Asked on 9/19/09, 7:16 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert F. Cohen Law Office of Robert F. Cohen

One of his kids could petition to become his conservator for medical care, and perhaps finances, too. Let the court resolve the issue.

Read more
Answered on 9/19/09, 10:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Constitutional Law questions and answers in California