Legal Question in Constitutional Law in California

Should a party, or her attorney, stipulate to allow a "commissioner" hear and rule on the civil matter as a "judge pro tem"? I understand that a "judge pro tem" has authority that is quite different than the authority of a "commissioner".

Asked on 5/09/21, 1:05 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

This is not a constitutional law question. LawGuru's system routes questions to volunteer attorneys for answers based on the attorneys' expertise. You need to properly categorize your question to get a reliable answer. This sounds like a general civil litigation question. You need to ask it under that category.

Read more
Answered on 5/09/21, 1:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Constitutional Law questions and answers in California