Legal Question in Construction Law in California

Contract was $83,000.,unlicensed sales person. I ended paying over 150,000, I did,nt realize I was constantly asking where all this money was going, his reply

Was " changes man changes " None of his changes orders were legable, all the things were covered in the contract so why the change orders. He would go off on tangents and not actually get what he

Was supposed to be doing done. By three time I fired him he had built a retaining wall, did a terrible job on two bedrooms and one bath. The second bath was just demod.,he set the the new sub-floor in place leaving the sewer 4" line open and a water supply line crimped with water spraying a fine mist , after week there was lake under the house. He had a main kitchen, and aux. ( man cave ) kitchen to do, he used the wrong granite and back splash in the main kitchen, never started t he second one.

The project manager showed up a few days later with same forms that where just formalties,,, just initial here here here,etc. And sign it.

The print was to small to read with out my glasses and I just wanted him out of my sight.

At the time I had 8 compression fractures in my thoracic and lumbar spine area. Lots of perscription drugs beer and pain.

The exact details of how all these things happened is a story that would be way to long.

I have been working on this case for 2 years so I'd love to here you're reply, thanks, HJ

Asked on 1/27/16, 6:22 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nicholas Spirtos Law Offices of Nicholas B. Spirtos

A specific answer is not going to be available on this forum. You need to take all your documents to a local construction attorney for a consultation. The contractor may have violated various provisions of the contractors license law, may have performed work that failed to meet minimum industry standards and may have overcharged. Your possible remedies include bond claim, CSLB complaint and civil lawsuit, or some combination of all three.

You will need an expert to evaluate the work.

Contact a local construction attorney.

Read more
Answered on 1/27/16, 8:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Construction Law questions and answers in California