Legal Question in Construction Law in California

I recieved only the first page of the complaint, it does not even say what I am being sued for. Can I do motion to quash in this case?

Asked on 6/03/10, 3:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Yes, under those facts you could move to quash service. That is, however, the long expensive way to do it, and in the end all you get is they have to serve you again. In fact, chances are they will just serve you again as soon as they get the motion. If you have the first page, you have the name and phone number for the attorney who filed it. You would save a lot of money and trouble if you just call up the attorney, explain the problem and offer to accept service of a complete complaint by mail, in exchange for say 45 days instead of 30 to answer.

Read more
Answered on 6/03/10, 8:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Construction Law questions and answers in California