Legal Question in Consumer Law in California

Bought a Jetta and the motor fell out

On july 16th I bought a 2001 VW Jetta from a out of town

vw dealer it was certified pre-owned. I obtained the loan

on my own and put up $2800 down on the car I asked the dealer 3 times had this car ever been wrecked oh no check

car-fax it say's it hasn't. After 2 months the car was

making a strange noise I had my dad look at it and the fan

housing was being held by zip ties and the where things missing. I called VW they had it towed that day to another

dealer who said this car has been wrecked I can't believe it was sold this way. I had to pay out $800 I then took the car to another place & they checked it out and was

told the back axel had been replaced & it looked like it had been in a wreck. I then contacted where I bought the

car from I had to take it to them so they could check it

They said they say nothing wrong so I drove it 143 miles

back home 2 weeks later I was headed home stopped at a stop

sign heard a noise took off only to have my motor dragging onthe ground. I gave the car back now I want to sue or something what are my options?? Help this car was trash and it sucked me out of $4000.

Asked on 12/29/05, 12:51 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

H.M. Torrey The Law Offices of H.M. Torrey

Re: Bought a Jetta and the motor fell out

Yes, you have a very strong case against the seller, even if the seller is out of town. You appear to be the victim of fraud in which your recovery could be very substantial to say the least. For a free consultation, contact us directly this week.

Read more
Answered on 12/29/05, 1:05 am

Carl Starrett Law Offices of Carl H. Starrett II

Re: Bought a Jetta and the motor fell out

Based on the facts that you have presented, you may have a pretty good case. However, you did not specify how much you paid for the car or what you think your claim is worth. Whether you need an attorney depends on what you want to accomplish. If you just want to sure for repairs, the new small claims limited for individual plaintiffs goes up to $7500 in January 2006. Getting them to take the care back might require the help of an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 12/29/05, 9:23 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in California