Legal Question in Consumer Law in California

My dad passed away a few months ago and I was the one that was handling his all his business such as paying his bills and his rent and phone bill buying groceries etc. So when he went to hospital I was watching over his apartment and stuff and then I found out someone was living in his apartment and all of his belongings was gone and he was Still paying rent so I am trying to find out if there is anything I can do about that matter and also he had a card with money on it about 7000 dollars on it but it wasn't a bank card or nothing it was a reloadable card and that got stolen when I found out someone was living in his apartment so when I talk to the people about the card they told me on order for me to dispute any transactions I needed to show that I am next of kin because I have his death certificate but they said that wasn't enough and I also have my birth certificate and they also said that wasn't enough so I need to know what can I do.

Asked on 9/19/17, 3:04 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Grenville Pridham Law Office of Grenville Pridham

File a police report for theft.

Read more
Answered on 9/25/17, 3:55 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in California