Legal Question in Consumer Law in California

I was denied an apt because the data base used said I was a had a criminal record. I do not & disputed this & it was corrected I want to sue. Do I have a case of action?

Asked on 1/09/15, 2:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Rausa D.J. Rausa, Attorney at Law

My understanding is that you were denied renting an apartment because the landlord or agent utilized an incorrect data base. If you did not loose any money and your reputation was not injured, there is very little to sue for.

Maybe you have a claim against the data base company, but if it was immediately corrected, then no harm, no foul.

Read more
Answered on 1/09/15, 3:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in California