Legal Question in Consumer Law in California

I (through my father, since I was underage at the time) hired, Davison Design and Development, to patent my idea. I've paid over 10,000 dollars for research and the creation of a prototype, which did not match the original idea I presented them. After conducting my own personal research I discovered that there is an existing patent with the same name and purpose as the idea that Davison agreed to help me patent, as they claimed from their research that my idea was original.

I also found numerous online complaints about their services and deceptive business practices. There has been a lawsuit against them in the past, which they lost.

I am interested in pursing my own lawsuit against Davison for their fraudulent business methods. I have spent 3 years of my time and all of my college money savings with them, based upon the hope that my idea was original and it would be patented and placed on the market. They continue to ask for money but my idea is already patented.

Asked on 6/23/13, 10:20 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Kelvin Green The Law Office of Kelvin Green

You really need to sit down with a litigation attorney who understands patents...

Read more
Answered on 6/24/13, 7:16 am

John Laurie Gertz and Laurie

You may be able to pursue your own lawsuit. However in order to make that determination one needs more facts than what you have here. I would suggest that you sit down with an attorney who can review all of the documents and provide you with some legal advice. If you wish you may call my office for a free consultation or you can contact the local bar association for the name of an attorney. They should have a referral service.

Read more
Answered on 6/25/13, 9:29 am
Armen Tashjian Law Offices of Armen M. Tashjian

Find the lawyer that sued them before and won. Ask him/her to review your case.

Read more
Answered on 7/07/13, 3:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in California