Legal Question in Consumer Law in California

i gave some one some money for a job, that did not happen.

i gave cash in advance and he held the money for a number of months, about 7 or so, now i cant do the work after all, and need to get all the cash back.

however they wont give it back, since all of a sudden he does not respond to my phone calls or e mails or texts.

do i have a recourse?

it was an interior decorator, i have given him 13,000. cash, because when i gave the money he was basically a kind of a ''freind'' i got no reciept when i handed him the cash.

now he will not return my calls at all, can i call the police or what should i do ?

Asked on 9/06/13, 4:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kelvin Green The Law Office of Kelvin Green

It is not a police matter. You can sue in small claims and write some off or hire an attorney to sue... You may get some response if you have an attorney send a letter. Many of us ere can do that

Read more
Answered on 9/07/13, 6:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in California