Legal Question in Consumer Law in California

If I had a judgment from credit card company and am about to retire what options do I have can the go after my social security can they do anything else and or settle for less?

Asked on 8/19/21, 4:27 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

They cannot take your social security, but if you put it in an account with other funds it will be an uphill fight for you if you have to prove they took social security funds. There are lots of other things they can do. Enforcement of Judgments is a significant area of the law. Whether they will accept a compromise depends on the creditor, but most will. All you can do is ask.

Read more
Answered on 8/21/21, 12:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in California