Legal Question in Consumer Law in California

Renewal of judgement case. The renewal of application was filed before the 10 year deadline however, the case number was incorrect. The deadline has past, but the 30 day time to respond has not lapsed yet. (date of mailing service papers documents + 5 days then 30 days to respond?)

Can the renewal be fought on that the plaintiff not having the correct information filed (case number)

Asked on 4/29/22, 11:53 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Schneider, Holtz & Hutchison

Not likely. The law does not favor forfeiting rights based on mere typographical errors.

Read more
Answered on 5/02/22, 9:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in California