Legal Question in Consumer Law in California

If im being sued for a money that was supposed to be a wedding present what can i do to demonstrate that it was a present from the person suing me???

Asked on 7/25/13, 7:36 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Carl Starrett Law Offices of Carl H. Starrett II

You need to have facts to support your story and you haven't provided any facts. You might have evidence such as a card that came with the gift. You might have sent a thank you note or an email that might confirm it was a gift. You might have witnesses that saw the person give you cash and say "here's $200 as a wedding gift".

Whatever evidence you have must be presented to the judge or jury. A lawsuit is about telling the story about what happened.

Read more
Answered on 8/25/13, 6:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in California