Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in California

My 82 year mom cant pay her credit card debt(1card).She lives on ss and owns her home.How can she stop the collection calls when they start

Asked on 2/12/13, 6:04 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Jordan Jordan Law Office

Your mother can send a Cease and Desist letter to each creditor and the telephone calls should stop. This will not, however, end the attempts to collect the debt owed.

Read more
Answered on 2/12/13, 9:01 am
Kelvin Green The Law Office of Kelvin Green

Ignoring the collection wont make it go away.... There can ways to levy debt against the property. Social security benefits are not attachable but once they stop being identifiable as SS benefits they may be... You may have to make arrangements or file for bankruptcy to prevent the situation from becoming worse

Read more
Answered on 2/12/13, 8:56 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in California