Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in California

Back in 2007, I was taken to court by Capital One due to a defaulted credit card. Instead of going to court, I entered and completed a payment plan with Capital One's lawyer. The court case is still being reported on my credit report, as the court house never received paperwork involving the payment plan. I have a letter from Capital One directly stating that the prior debt was paid in full, but when I called the courthouse, the representative couldn't tell me which form to complete. I need to know what form I need to complete in order to show proof that this debt is paid, so the court can close the case. Thank you very much.

Asked on 9/26/13, 8:27 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scott Jordan Dunning Law Firm

The lawyer for Capital One needs to file a request for dismissal of the case.

Read more
Answered on 9/26/13, 9:14 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in California