Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in California

All my bank acct funds were frozen (Levied) by a debt collector agency claiming i owe 5k+. There is no explanation of what the debt is. If it the debt I'm thinking of, it is 8 years old and occurred during financial hardship in a divorce. Now I can't pay my rent or bills. What do I do?

Asked on 4/24/18, 8:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert F. Cohen Law Office of Robert F. Cohen

You can make a claim of exemption at the courthouse. Many courthouses have volunteer lawyer programs who can help out, or you might get some outside legal help for the fairly simple process. Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 4/26/18, 6:55 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in California