Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in California

My brother has been deported and we still receive a letter address to him regarding financial judgement, how to address this judgement from the court for someone who have been deported?

Asked on 3/25/16, 9:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jerold M. Gorski Law Offices of Jerold M. Gorski

Determine whether the judgment is enforceable against any assets in your brother's name both here and abroad (both now and in the future). If you or your brother want to resolve the judgment, perhaps settle with the judgment creditor and get a satisfaction of judgment filed. Make sure the terms of the settlement are binding before thinking you have a "done deal" and remember that judgments typically accrue interest (perhaps 10% per annum).

Read more
Answered on 3/29/16, 3:30 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in California