Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in California

California: When mailing out a ''request for admissions" response - should there also be a 'proof of service" attached - or do I only send just the ''request for admissions?" Thanks!

Asked on 5/23/19, 4:36 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Robert F. Cohen Law Office of Robert F. Cohen

Yes, attach the proof of service. Make sure to serve the original responses on the propounding party.

Read more
Answered on 5/23/19, 4:58 pm
Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

You include a completed BUT NOT SIGNED proof of service. Sign and keep the original proof of service AFTER you mail the responses. You can’t declare you mailed the responses until AFTER you mail it. You send the signed original of the actual responses, however, and keep a copy.

When serving something that is filed with the court, you still sign the proof after actually mailing the documents to the opponent, but then file the original signed proof of service with the court.

Read more
Answered on 5/23/19, 5:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in California