Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in California

Check Fraud

I was informed that my case would be sent to the DA's office for check fraud, but I have been trying to pay restitution and moved out of state to find a better paying job. I have since been unemployed and fallen behind. They say my balance remaining is $419, but they orginally told me my balance was $525, so far I've payed $276. They have only sent me 1 statement. What are my alternitives and how long of a sentence am I facing if convicted?

Asked on 12/26/07, 7:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jeffrey Cogan Jeffrey A. Cogan, Esq., Ltd.

Re: Check Fraud

Since it is a felony, they can sentence you over one year. I would hire an attorney to keep you out of jail.

Read more
Answered on 12/27/07, 3:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in California