Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in California

If I have civil judgements and I also have a pending personal lawsuit for $40,000, is there any way I can them from taking my lawsuit money?

Asked on 7/06/13, 8:00 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

John Laurie Gertz and Laurie

They can place a lien on your case. If there is a lien on your case y can negotiate with them perhaps to take less than the whole amount. You may want to talk to your current attorney to see if any of the judgments can be attacked post judgment.

Read more
Answered on 7/06/13, 10:11 pm

Scott Jordan Dunning Law Firm

I would require more information to determine whether the judgment money can be protected from the lawsuit potential debt. Do you have an attorney defending you?

Read more
Answered on 7/08/13, 10:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in California